This year sees the return of the Cookham Dean CC Fantasy Cricket League Competition! Hopefully this is something that lots of people will participate in and enjoy. Clearly, players ratings are not only a function of playing ability but also how regularly they are expected to make themselves available. So anybody who believes they have been assigned an artificially low rating should pick themselves and play as much as possible!
Rules are listed below:
CDCC Fantasy League
1. Entrance to the competition is £10.
2. Each cricketer at the club has been allocated a price between 0 and 15. Entrants must pick eleven cricketers, whilst ensuring that they do not exceed their budget of 90 nominal points.
3. Cricketers can accrue points in all Cookham Dean CC games played on Saturdays and Sundays, and in Midweek Twenty20 and Over 45s fixtures. The sum of points earned by each entrants’ eleven players in any one week will dictate their weekly total of points.
4. The competition will start on May 18, and end on September 8 (both inclusive).
5. The entrant who has the largest amount of points at the end of the season will be declared the winner, and will receive a prize equal to 60% of the total entrance fees. Second place will win 30% of the pot, with third place gaining 10%.
6. Transfers will not be allowed, with the exception of the following two weeks during the season:
Ø MJune 10- June 14
Ø JuJuly 22- July 26
All transfers must be communicated via e-mail to Ben Millar on email@example.com. A maximum of two transfers per entrant per window will be permitted, with any additional transfers incurring a penalty of 600 points. Transfers will be effective from the Saturday immediately after the close of that transfer window.
7. All initial selections and transfers must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8PM on Friday to be valid for the upcoming weekend.
5 points per appearance
1 point per run
16 points per wicket
8 points per catch (for fielders & wicketkeepers)
5 points per stumping
10 points per bigun
-20 points for a duck
50 points for a hundred
20 points for a fifty
30 points for a 5fer
50 points for a 6fer
70 points for a 7fer
Player ratings are listed on the document below, along with their 2012 ratings and points tally